Returns Policy – Breathe Bell Tents Australia
Did you know we offer free shipping on all our tents?
RETURNS & EXCHANGE POLICY
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are unhappy for any reason, we’ll gladly accept a return of any full priced, or sale item within 14 days of purchase.
Items returned outside this period will not be accepted. Items must be returned in original condition, unused, unaltered, unwashed, and in their original packaging/boxes/containers.
We suggest all items are examined, canvas, zips, pegs and poles checked as soon as they are received to ensure you are able to return items within the returns time frame.
We ensure you that every product delivered by us meets the general quality and usability standards.
Delivered products carry a one-year warranty which starts immediately after delivery.
Please immediately notify us by e-mail when problems may arise with any of our products and our Customer Service Team will contact you within two working days.
If you call on the warranty, you are liable for any return costs of the faulty goods. All costs arising from the delivery of the repaired products will be at Breathe Bell Tents expense.
Note: The warranty only applies to production errors (for instance with respect to stitches and waterproofing) when using and maintaining the product as indicated, not to mould or damage caused by abnormal weather conditions or wear and tear.
Moreover, the warranty does not apply in the following cases; if the product has been modified, including corrections made without Breathe Bell Tent’s permission, if the original receipt/ invoice cannot be presented, if the product has been damaged on purpose, or as a consequence of negligence or bad maintenance.
Please send us a copy of the invoice or the receipt if you wish to repair or exchange a purchased good.
Please note that an item will only be accepted for exchange or credit note under the following conditions:
• The item is unused and in brand new condition with packaging intact and the original labels attached.
• A copy of a valid receipt is included with the return.
• The item is returned within 14 days of the receipt date.
The return of items it to be previously approved and then delivery organised by the customer and tracking information sent to email@example.com
Any issues with the return by the courier are to be addressed by the customer.
Please note that all conditions must be strictly adhered to in regards to returns and exchanges and that exchanges will not be accepted under any conditions if you fail to meet these requirements.
We always inspect our goods to ensure our highest quality standards are met. Any variations or marks naturally occurring in these materials are intended. If, however, you receive faulty or incorrect items, we will gladly pay the postage costs for a replacement. If the reason for the return is a ‘change of mind’, then this must be shipped and handled at your own cost.
If you wish to return something, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 940 402 to arrange it.
Our warranty does not cover professional and long term use. Professional users purchasing a bell tent who report a manufacturing problem within a month of purchasing will be considered under warranty.
After 28 days use the tent becomes a ‘permanent structure’ and is, therefore, not being used for the purpose for which the tent was originally designed (i.e. a tent for camping).
Individual purchases: Our bell tent are covered with a one year manufacturing defects warranty. Usually if there is some thing wrong with the manufacturing of any of our products this would be noticeable when first pitching the bell tent. For this reason we ask that the tent is pitched immediately and all parts checked to ensure there are no defects prior to any camping expeditions.
We will cover manufacturing defects for the length of the warranty (one year). This does not cover mould or mildew as we have no control over the conditions the tent is left up in.
If there is a problem with your bell tent, please contact us straight away. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
FLEX TENTS: Please note we are currently unable to offer any warranty on our Flex Tents as these are manufactured in Europe. We are based in Sydney, however, and will always work with you to ensure that you are satisfied with your product.
Please email email@example.com or write to Breathe Bell Tents Australia, 3/11 Hereward Street, Maroubra, 2035, NSW, Australia.
Please provide as much information as possible including your name, address, order number and a detailed description and/or photographs of the fault.
We may request the item be returned to us so that we can assess the fault.
HOW DO I RETURN AN ITEM?
To return an item, please first contact us for approval of the return.
We will reply within two days with details of where to return your items.
We will advise the correct returns address.
– For a refund, your return must be in original condition in the same boxes/containers.
Upon receipt of the items, they will undergo a quality review and once cleared, you will receive a refund or credit note for the purchase price (excluding original shipping cost) directly to the original method of payment used for purchase. We endeavour to process refunds as soon as they are received but please allow up to 5 business days for returns to be processed. You will receive email notification of the status of your refund once finalised.
We do not refund initial shipping charges for items returned, other than for faulty items. Breathe Bell Tents is not liable for the loss of items being returned. We recommend using a traceable delivery method and taking note of your tracking number.
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING MY RETURN?
You will be responsible for shipping and handling charges to return any unwanted items. If the package does not reach us safely we will not be able to complete the refund, we recommend sending via a traceable method for peace of mind and to retain proof of postage until you have received confirmation that your return has been processed.
HOW WILL I BE REFUNDED?
Once received and processed, your refund will be credited to your original method of payment minus original shipping charges paid. If you paid with a gift card, you will be refunded to that same gift card and will be able to re-use the original unique code towards your next purchase.
Please allow up to 5 business days for your refund to be processed. You will be notified by email once finalised.
– If you paid import duties or taxes on an item that you have returned and would like a Credit Invoice to provide to your customs office please contact us.
CAN I EXCHANGE AN ITEM?
If you would like a different size or item, we recommend purchasing the new item and following the returns process for a refund.
Breathe Bell Tents Australia provide one year warranty against manufacturer defects in the canvas. This warranty cannot be extended to the poles or zips as these are often misused. The Breathe Bell Tents warranty is applicable only to our Australian customers and is not transferable.
The warranty does not cover professional and long term use. If a professional user buys a tent and reports a manufacturing problem within the first month we will consider it under the warranty. However after 28 days use it becomes a permanent structure and it is therefore not being used for the purpose it was sold for (i.e. a tent for camping).
If a private individual buys and then erects one of our tents semi-permenantly we will cover manufacturing defects for the length of the warranty but this does not cover mould or mildew as we have no control over the conditions the tent is left up in.
Your consumer legal rights may still apply after the warranty expires.
DUTY OF CARE
WHEN DO I NEED TO RE-WATERPROOF MY TENT?
Solar radiation affects the water proofing of your tent. After 12 to 25 weeks of use the fabric will be less waterproof. This can easily be resolved with an impregnation agent.
HOW TO CLEAN AND RE-WATERPROOF YOUR TENT
The canvas has been impregnated with anti-mould but when using the tent often or in a harsh environment this process should be repeated on a regular basis, for solar radiation affects the waterproofness of your tent. Applying a new coating with care demands time and effort, but extends the life span of your tent considerably. Before EU rules and regulations were applied, chemical products were used to impregnate tents. Although these products lasted longer, they were harmful to the environment. The products we use are 100% biodegradable and can be applied by you without protective clothing.
The easiest way to re-waterproof is:
- Pitch your tent and make sure the tent is 100% dry.
- Remove dust and dirt with a hard brush.
- Apply the impregnating agent with a gentle brush. The cotton needs to be soaked properly.
- You can also apply the fluid with a pressurized garden hose and rub it in well with a brush.
- Let your tent dry in the wind, preferably not in the sun.
If the cotton has been affected by mould, mildew or weather conditions, do as follows:
- Moisten the cotton.
- Dissolve 1 unit of bleach into 10 units of water.
- Apply the solution to the wet canvas and let the canvas absorb it for about 30 minutes. Prolong the absorption time if necessary.
- Rinse the canvas with plenty of water.
- Clean the canvas using Ultramar Shampoo, so there is no bleach left on the canvas.
- Let your tent dry properly.
Use Bradproof to protect the cotton against fungi, algae, filthy water, etc. A perfect impregnating agent to make cotton tents waterproof is Bradproof. It is an environment-friendly product, non-toxic and biologically degradable. Tent rental places and army tents have used it with excellent result since 1943. The product is water based, without solvents or hydrocarbons. The usage varies between approximately 8 m² and 12 m² a liter. It is possible for a gray shine to appear on dark-coloured cotton after treatment; after a few downpours, but this will disappear. Some companies industrially impregnate cotton in case you don’t want to do it yourself. The cotton is first cleaned and then impregnated under high pressure. This, however, is quite expensive.
Before 1995, potentially harmful chemical products were often used to render cotton tents waterproof for life. However, the European legislation banned these products, no longer enabling tent manufacturers to render the canvas of their tents completely water & mould proof. Although our tents have been treated to be waterproof as well as mould resistant, they need to be reproofed in due time to ensure they stay that way.
Mildew has an extremely adverse effect on cotton canvas. It breaks the fibers and creates black stains that are very hard to remove. Additionally, it spreads quite rapidly once the first stains have appeared. It is therefore of vital importance that you protect your tent against fungi in any circumstance.
General tips to avoid mildew on a cotton canvas tent:
Mildew is caused by moisture. It is therefore sure to form on the canvas of your tent if you store the tent wet. Moreover, mould stains often appear on canvas tents if they are no longer waterproof, for they then lack of an important protective layer which would otherwise keep off moisture and mould. To avoid mould and mildew, wipe down the interior and exterior of the tent with clean water before you leave it to dry and store it in a dry, well-ventilated area. Also, reproof the tent in time to ensure it stays mould resistant and waterproof. For more tips & tricks, check out the list below:
- Do not roll up or store a wet tent. When you are left with no other option than to store it wet, be sure to remove any mud or dirt from the groundsheet and bottom strip and pitch your tent again within 2 days, allowing it to properly air-dry.
- Dry off the tent and clean it before you store the tent in a dry, well ventilated space.
- Ventilate the tent, especially when you do not use it. That way, you drive out moisture, preventing mould to affect the canvas.
- Do not hang your tent to dry, as mould could form in the folds. Instead, set up the tent outdoors or in your garage and open the doors and windows to ensure that it is being well ventilated. If possible, pitch the tent in the sun, for sunlight may help you in your fight against mould and mildew.
- Clean and reproof the tent periodically in order to ensure it stays waterproof.
- We advise you to store the tent in a cotton bag which breathes and does not contain surfactants. A plastic bag may impede ventilation and transfer plasticizers to the canvas.
- Do not store rings, guy ropes and groundsheet together with your tent, but keep them in a separate bag.
- Make sure the tent is pitched perfectly, so water can easily glide off the canvas.
- Avoid touching the tent when it is raining.
- Be careful with creams, lotions, suntan oil, etc. Greasy hands may affect the tents waterproofness adversely.
- Ventilate the tent well when cooking, for condensation may cause mould to appear on the canvas.
- Do not do the dishes in the tent, for dish water is one of the main enemies of the canvas.
- Do not hang a kitchen rag over a bar in the tent, as the soap residues may affect the canvas.
- Do not clean the groundsheet with water which contains soap. Use a dry piece of cloth and a sponge to clean it.
- Re-impregnate your tent after 12 to 25 weeks of use to protect your tent against solar radiation and extend its life span.
If your tent is no longer waterproof and/or if black stains have formed on the canvas, you need to dry the tent completely and treat it with specialized products such as Ultramar Shampoo and Ultramar Protector. Set the tent up outdoors or in your garage and open the doors and windows to ensure that it is being well ventilated. If possible, pitch the tent in the sun, for sunlight may help you in your fight against mould and mildew. Avoid pitching the tent in your living room, as mildew can trigger allergic reactions. Do not apply laundry detergent, dish soap, all-purpose cleaners, or neat bleach to the canvas, as they will damage the canvas treatments. Dirt or mud can be dry-brushed off with a very soft brush.
The washing and reproofing process is simple and similar to hand-washing your car:
- Moisten the tent.
- Apply cleaning agent and rub with a soft brush.
- Let the canvas absorb the solution for about 10 minutes and then rinse it using plenty of water. Prolong the absorption time if necessary.
- Allow the tent to air-dry completely before using Bradproof to re-waterproof the fabric.